Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Plague of Frogs - and Pigeons

This is what the great LORD says: Let my people go, so that they may worship me. If you refuse to let them go, I will plague your whole country with frogs. The Nile will teem with frogs. They will come up into your palace and your bedroom and onto your bed, into the houses of your officials and on your people, and into your ovens and kneading troughs. The frogs will go up on you and your people and all your officials.
 
Exodus 8:1–4
 
Today when I was doing some housekeeping with my plants, this is what I discovered in one of the drip catchers under my plant pots:

It's a little frog!  What is strange is that, last June 2010, Phil found a frog in the house.  A tiny frog.  It's size was less than the first joint on his thumb.  And he said he found three frogs in the house at that time.  So... has this frog been trapped under my houseplant pot all that time?  I know it looks like he's coming up for air... but believe, me he is NOT.  
This frog is just SO DISGUSTING!

And so is this:

 
Not sure how well you can see the pigeon print on the window dust on the outside of the window, center of the photo - look really hard, kind of like those 3D images that are just dots until you stare at them just right. 
 
Apparently, the stupid pigeon overate at our bird feeder and was in a food coma when it tried to fly away and aimed for our window instead.  The only thing more disgusting would have been if we'd found the pigeon on the deck.  

Maybe the fox came and took it away during the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment