Monday, April 16, 2012

PHIL'S UGLY SHOES WIN BIG BUCKS!

Thanks to everyone who voted on Facebook for Phil's shoes to win the Ugly Shoe contest through our credit union's contest!  

So now I know a little bit about using Facebook, and I've made contact with a lot of people I haven't seen or heard from in ages. 

It was a stressful week until we got the phone call on Friday of that week to confirm we had, indeed, won with the most votes.  Phil's shoes, #13 on the contest page, looked pretty similar to the shoes that were #8.   I don't know who owned Shoes #8, but in the end I guess it all comes down to who you know and who you can convince to vote for your stinky, ugly shoes.  And I guess it didn't hurt that Phil's shoes had a mouse coming out of the hole in the toe.  FINAL RESULTS: #13, 71 votes; #8, 43 votes. Or something like that.

So, on Friday we headed over to the credit union to pick up our cash winnings. I was hoping they would take Phil's shoes, but it didn't work out that way.

 

They made us take the shoes home again.
 

In the end, Phil got to keep his shoes... and he isn't wearing them (do you suppose the "winner" status is going to be lost if they get a little more beat up?).  You might say that's a win-win solution to the end of the contest for us both. :-)

1 comment: