Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Road Trip to Heather's Wedding: Day 1

Hey!  We got an EARLY start today to head east for my grand-niece Heather's wedding to Ben in South Carolina!  Out of the house by 10:30 a.m.!  Usually we leave just before lunch!

However, about 15 miles out of town, I discovered that I left my camera at home.  Rather than go back for it, I decided to try to find an inexpensive (if possible) camera to buy.  Since we had to find a shirt and tie for Phil, we stopped at WalMart.  Found a surprisingly low-priced camera, and shirt and tie, and we headed out again.  I spent several miles trying to figure out how to set up and use the camera without a manual - because the manual was on a CD.

So, this was the first - and accidental - photo that I shot.  I'm keeping it.  It's kind of funny.  I even had the camera upside down when it went off! (see date, time stamp in upper right corner)


Then I discovered the rapid repeating option for shooting pictures.  I saved only one of them.


 I was trying to figure out how to zoom, but didn't get it figured out until we got to the hotel tonight and I could look at the manual on the CD. So, I cropped and edited this photo so that you could see what I had wanted you to see in the photo.


 I think the truck driver is going to get a little surprise, and maybe a laugh, when he goes to the back of the truck to open the doors!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get photos of the zillions of birds that we saw fluttering around about the trees near the North Platte River at about 6 p.m.  I mean there were multiples of zillions of little black birds swooping around in the trees.  Swarms of Birds.  Billows of Birds.

But, after over 500 miles today, we are finally at the hotel and I'm really tired... but wanted you to see this kind of artsy shot I took of Phil.  Probably couldn't repeat the coloring in it, but I kind of like it.  I will have to play with the lighting adjustments on the camera, I think.  The light here is pretty low...


Tomorrow should be interesting.  We are supposed to try to find a cemetery that has a grave stone shaped like a desk. 

Then try to figure out how we will get to one of our destinations for tomorrow - to a thrift shop to find a few things we need for our responsibilities at the wedding.  Turns out that the highway we need to take was washed out in this year's flooding on the Missouri River.

However, I did figure out how to do videos on the camera... so you never know what tomorrow will bring!

So, TTFN!  (ta-ta-for-now)

No comments:

Post a Comment