Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Newest Favorite Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal!

It's Tuesday night and I'm making breakfast for tomorrow so that I can eat quickly and then get to my friend's house so that we can head over to Cheyenne for Kohl's Doorbuster sale!

I found this particular recipe for Baked Oatmeal on the Emily Bites Website. The version she shows is with blueberries and peaches.  I am using fresh blueberries and fresh peaches.  I've also tried it with apples, which is good.  I am thinking from the smell of this in the oven, this is also going to be pretty good!


I took a photo of it in the oven cuz I don't think it's all that attractive after it's been baked.  It is sort of like a bendy granola bar when it's done. But, you can kind of get the idea from this photo, I think.  You can also look at the EmilyBites website to see her photos.

The website says to use a 7"x11" pan: I use a 9"x13" pan.  It makes 9 servings, so in the larger pan the pieces are not as deep, but definitely make you think you are eating more because they are larger.  :-)

I like to keep the sliced pieces stacked between layers of waxed paper in a plastic container in the fridge.  Then making breakfast in the morning is pretty easy - just microwave the oatmeal in the oven until it's warm.  Very tasty.  Phil and Marge have even put maple syrup on theirs, and sometimes even a little bit of milk.  

I'm thinking whipped cream might not be so bad, either!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment